How can you get involved?
Every 90 seconds, somewhere in America, someone is sexually assaulted.
We are requesting participation from the global church to
take a proactive stance against sexual trauma.
Join us by launching an Emerald Ribbon Campaign (ERC) in your community!
ERC Activities can take place during the Week of Prayer and/or throughout the year!
Offer On-going Missions Support to Sexual Violence Agencies:
- Offer Child Care Vouchers to Recent Victims for a Specified Amount of Time
- Sponsor 5 or more Families with Back to School Supplies
- Sponsor 5 or more Families with Holiday Gift Baskets
- Offer Food Bank Vouchers
- Clothing Bank Vouchers
- Free/Reduced Counseling
ERC Week of Prayer Activities:
- Distribute Emerald Ribbons to promote the cause
- Pray for the cause at regularly scheduled events
- Start 24 hour prayer chains
- Host a prayer breakfast and invite survivors to speak
- Offer a self-defense class at your church
- Host workshops/bookclub meetings in prison ministries
- Hold book club meetings dealing with sexual trauma & recovery
- Invite safety experts to speak to children’s groups, teens, college/career, singles & women’s groups.
- Parochial schools can pray with their students and invite safety instructors to speak
- Publicize and hold support groups for church members and the general public
- Post your Week of Prayer for Sexual Trauma events on church marquees
- Publish sexual trauma statistics in weekly bulletins and/or church calendars and newsletters
- Use airtime on Christian radio stations to promote your events
- Fast for the cause
- Invite friends on prayer walks
- Hold prayer sessions in your home
- Hold a group fast and break the fast by having prayer and dinner with friends
- Set-up outreach teams that target commercial sex trade areas, bars and clubs
- Visit prisons, jails and transitional programs to teach recovery strategies
- Send church staff to workshops and conferences on sexual trauma
- Invite Christian experts who specialize in sexual trauma and recovery to speak to the congregation, teen groups, and college and career ministries
- Use telephone prayer groups to specifically pray for perpetrators and persons being preyed upon or abused in their neighborhoods
- Invest in billboards and tent signs near “gentlemen’s clubs” and “adult toy stores”
- Church groups can look up the names and addresses of perpetrators in local neighborhoods to inform them, via mail, that the church is praying for them and their children.
- Men’s groups can share the gospel with perpetrators in their neighborhoods, found via the Internet.
- Parents can talk to their children about safety precautions and pray with them about past abuses and future protection
- Wear Emerald Ribbons to promote the cause.
- Pass out ribbons wherever you go: at work, while shopping, at the gym, in restaurants etc.
- Pray for victims to recover and for perpetrators to be delivered from sexual perversions
- Attend workshops and conferences dealing with sexual trauma
- Pray for the children of perpetrators, that the cycle will not continue and that they will be delivered from shame and accusation
- Pray that displaced children will not become victims in the foster care system
- Donate to programs that offer Christian Recovery Strategies